Monday, December 2, 2013

Technology Reflection

What have you noticed about the students’ engagement?
Since integrating even more technology into my classroom, I have found that there is more student engagement and excitement.  During Work Station time the children have the opportunity to use the SMART Board to work on various literacy skills while I am in the back pulling children for small group instruction.  It has been working great.  For the most part, the children have been very on-task and engaged while at that particular station. 

How scary is it for you to implement something new?
This isn't something entirely new that I've implemented in my teaching.  However, it is new to this group of children and they seem to enjoy the responsibility very much.  The part that is the most scary is if something were to happen to the SMART Board, it is an expensive piece of technology and to give full control and responsibility to a 5 year old can be a bit scary.  I think that I've done enough pre-teaching and modeling on how to treat the board like a "baby", so my students are very careful around our classroom "Baby".  

What might you do differently next time to achieve better results? 
The only thing that I would change is to implement this earlier in the year. This particular group of kids is very responsible and they are doing a good job with learning from this piece of technology. It surely frees up some of my time so that I am able to pull small groups more often and for longer periods of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment