Monday, November 18, 2013

Technology Integration

What tool/s will you integrate into your curriculum?
I plan to allow more student control over the iPad & SMART Board in my classroom. 
iPads:
During station time, I will allow my students to use my 2 iPads to practice different concepts (letter naming, letter formation, letter sounds, listening to reading etc.) This is not something completely new; however, I will be allowing the students to use my personal iPad along with my “Teacher” iPad since we don’t have a classroom set yet. 
SMART Board:
I will also start a “SMART Board” rotation where the kids can use the SMART Board during station time.  I have several interactive games that I bought from Lakeshore Learning that will help my students with literacy.

Discuss your goals for the implementation and rationale for how the tool will enhance and transform the learning.

My goal is that my students become independent with these forms of technology.  I foresee that they will be engaged and on task throughout the time that they are able to use them, as this is a way that I can gradually release responsibility to my students.  I look forward to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment