Friday, February 7, 2014

Exploration of Haiku Deck

For class we were introduced to a new presentation platform.  It is called Haiku Deck.  Hiaku Deck is an online tool to help people create presentations.  While I was exploring this new technology tool I was thinking about ways that this could enhance student learning.  I'm not sure that it would be completely beneficial for my kindergarten students to create their own slides, however, I do see the benefits of using it as a teacher and for older students.  I think that any piece of technology will improve student levels of engagement and learning.  So, this is just another platform, almost a modified PowerPoint.  

In class I've been teaching my students about Reader's Workshop Strategies.  I created a Haiku Deck to review the strategies that I've taught thus far. Click Reading Strategies to see what I created.  It was a good way to review the strategies and my students seemed to be engaged.  I used it as a presentation tool (like PowerPoint.)  However, I wish that I could have figured out a way to put in pictures of our strategies without taking an actual picture.  I tried to upload an image but it didn't fit well, so I just choose some pictures that they suggested.  It was fun to learn that there is more out there and I would definitely use it if I taught older students or for professional presentations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment