Friday, March 14, 2014

March Glow & Grow

Glow:
I am so excited about my students' handwriting!  My final Mini-AR was on teaching handwriting.   Since I've implemented this, their writing is so unbelievably neat and legible!  I also went to a local teaching store and stocked up on pencil grips because I was noticing that some of my Little's were still holding their pencils funky.  They seem to like using the grips (probably because of the novelty) but they are working.  For my AR, I created a "Handwriting Station" where the kids were offered various ways of practicing their handwriting.  Their favorite was to use the iPad (the app Letter School) and then make their own letter book.  Anyway, it is a fun way for them to practice & I'm glad they are transferring their knowledge over to other aspects of the school day (like Writer's Workshop!)

Grow: 
This is more of a personal grow for me this month as I have been so unorganized! I'm typically extremely organized and well prepared, however, lately my piles have been stacking up and clutter is being stacked on top of more clutter.  I'm noticing that my mind is more cluttered and it is difficult for me to plan activities/lessons when things are not where they are supposed to be. I can't seem to find the time to go through my piles to put things away...ugh!  Maybe I can just let it stack up in my closet until I'm done with grad school-yeah right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment